Thursday, June 25, 2009

What We've Been Up To







Well, it's not been too exciting around here! I got Ana's quilt done and she has moved into her new bed. She has done really well about staying in it. Now that I know she will listen to her leap frog over and over and over, I put it on a high shelf. I've also caught her with her Elmo phone and a pot full of beads. She's fast though--I've never seen her out of the bed! Today she got up at 5:30, but stayed on the bed until 6:45--so I'm not complaining--YET.

I've also made her two skirts that turned out pretty well. Since I'm not really a sewer, I've learned a lot and hope to get better. Both these were off the internet. I looked for patterns today at the local craft store--because I don't have a shirt to go with either of the skirts, but they only had two or three choices for children. I liked NONE of them. I'm thinking about ordering some material--so maybe I'll get some patterns too.

We also went to Jacob Balla's Children's Garden. They have lots of plants, playgrounds, and a water play area. Ana was a little nervous at first, but ended up sitting down in the spray--yes I had a change of clothes!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Oh, I remember that quilt from last summer-- it turned out so cute!

I can peek around for some patterns here if you like; I'm going to start looking for some new skirt and dress patterns and Meg and I are headed to Hancock's soon!