Thursday, December 10, 2009

"My Mom Made It"

The advent calendar has been really great. She loves choosing a nativity figurine out of the pockets each day (later on I have put in some small toys). It gives me another chance to talk about the Christmas story!

I've been experimenting with a lot of bows, flowers, etc. for Ana's hair bows!

This is a felt tree that she can decorate--so she's not tempted to touch the real trees. But it can also be used for directional words: "Put the white ball under the star... etc."
Another fun activity we've been playing with A LOT is a memory game. I collected the lids from our lime juice, stuck stickers on the inside, flipped them over, and played. It was quick, but she sometimes plays it 5 or 6 times in a row. You can always add more pairs or change out the stickers!

Ana goes around and tells people that I made everything (not true), but I have been making her some things with which to wear and play :) One of my Christmas gifts to her will be a chef's hat and matching apron. I've got it cut out, but just need to get my sewing machine back out! She loves to "pretend." On the train last night she was typing us up tickets. I told her to type me up a ticket to America. Then I said she better make one for her. She very clearly replied, "I don't want to fly. I want to stay here and ride the train!"

1 comment: