Monday, November 15, 2010

The Rug

We've had our rug for about two years. It's needed a good cleaning and so today I gave it a shot. First of all it's big--probably 6x9 feet. Even dry it weighs a ton! Ana had to help me pull it out from under the book shelf (which was very interesting to get her to pull the right way). Once I got it in the bathroom I had to roll it up and do a section at a time. I sprayed, washed, and then sprayed it off two more times. What really saved me was a regular squeegee. It helped to get most of the water out. Then when I was finally done I had to get the monstrosity outside. I ended up rolling/dragging it out on Ana's little car. It was a real struggle to get it up on the rail, but eventually I managed. Of course, this is not the end. The bathroom then had to be scrubbed and the floor where the rug was had to be swept and mopped. Wow! Sure hope I don't have to do this again anytime soon!

Why didn't I just have it cleaned? It cost as much as we paid for the rug!

No comments: