Monday, February 6, 2012

Issues

I had heard before that adopted kids often convince people that aren't around them much that they are sweet, nice, well adjusted kids. But, then give a lot of grief at home. Such is the case at school (with one of ours). I've heard countless times how well they are doing, etc. I just smile, nod, and think, "Got you fooled!" The hard part for me is the lack of morality, care for others, and general sucking up. That's the part I hate most. If you haven't caught on I vehemently dislike people that act one way with some and another with others. Also part of it is I'm sure our high expectations that others don't have. People have suggested rewards to change behavior. Like if I said, "Today if you don't lie, you get candy," would work! I'm trying to keep things in perspective, not compare, forgive, and PRAY often. I never thought it would be easy, but I guess I didn't expect it to be this frustrating.

1 comment:

Sara Campbell said...

Proud of you and praying that as you train day by day, they will learn what it is like to be an Eiler...caring, honest, thoughtful. You guys are great parents!!!