Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Parenting

I was sitting the other day with two of my children.  One was in trouble for sitting for hours and not completing the work.  The other was in BIG trouble for lying to us and the teacher.  I thought to myself, "What a lousy way to spend a Saturday!"  But at the same time I reminded myself that I had known what I signed up for when I adopted older children.  As we have only 10-11 more years with them I can think of nothing better to be doing than teaching a good work ethic and the VALUE of honesty.  It is true that I've missed out on some fun activities, but I sincerely hope that my willingness to sit right here with them will make a lasting impression.  (beyond the fact that their mom is just as stubborn as they are!)  I will always cherish the FUN times, but I'm learning that rough patches have their point too!

No comments: