Thursday, January 4, 2018

Bathoom Renovation Has Begun

About two days ago our contractor contacted us. He let us know that they only had outside jobs currently. As it has been as low as -25, they were unable to work and wanted to move up our bathroom. We hashed out an agreement and they showed up the next morning. We quickly worked to take everything out and get ready.


As you can see it hadn't been updated for about 40-45 years! It was due for a makeover, but the real reason we were doing it is that the hundred year old pipes are giving out. As our bathroom is on the second floor...this poses a serious problem!

I got a call/text during the day. Unfortunately the sink pipe was so corroded that when they touched it, it fell apart. Even though the water was off, there was still water in the pipe which ran down the floor into the light fixture in the ceiling of the kitchen. Yikes!! 


Here's what I saw when I got home...lots of progress! They let me know that it needed insulated. So, since we had some insulation, I decided to do it myself.


Ranger kept me company while I worked. (He's becoming my shadow.)


 
Hooray insulation...which will hopefully lead to a much warmer bathroom.

No comments: