Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Little of This and a Little of That





I've been pretty busy. I finished all the curtains I had procrastinated on. I finished Ana's stocking. Although you can't see them it has lots of beads and sequins. She goes over to it once or twice a day, ooohhs and aahhs, and says pretty. I painted two mirrors. They were orginally a very tacky, bright gold (they were only 32 Sing dollars each). I like them much better this way. We went to the faculty christmas party at the American Club. The food was great--lots of bacon! The people in the picture with us are the Bridgemans. He is the middle school principal and Geetha stays at home with her three year old daughter. Geetha and her daughter Thalia also came over to bake their Christmas cookies in my new, BIG oven. I also taught her how to make pizza crust--We had cheese and taco pizza. I made my own cookies--6 different kinds. I just learned how to mix food coloring with an egg yolk. It forms a colored glaze on the cookie which means I don't have to ice them. Singaporeans think icing is too sweet. We'll give out the great majority of the cookies tomorrow at school, but we'll also bake some more for church and cell groups.

No comments: