Monday, August 24, 2009

A Big (Official) Announcement

As many of you know we've been working on a second adoption in Ethiopia. The judge allowed us to use the same paperwork for both children which saves enormous amounts of time, effort, and money. God kept the power on and got our revised home study to Ethiopia via e-mail on the last possible day it could be submitted to court.

We chose to do this because many older children sit in these homes and watch the younger children adopted out. We can't adopt them all, but we can help this one. We're also not getting any younger!!

So... without further ado we introduce China (I LAUGHED when I saw his first name--I can't find it in any of the Ethiopian name indexes either!) Adane (means He saves). He is six and the only older child in this home.

P.S. When I saw this picture I thought "Man, these people really need to work on their photgraphy skills." But, a good newsletter from our caseworker reminded me that none of these kids have ever seen a camera and are probably pretty confused about having been recently moved to this new home.

2 comments:

Sara Campbell said...

He's beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us! When do you think he'll come? Will he start school or will you homeschool?

val said...

I'll home school for a semester to help him with his English! Should be interesting with two two year olds!