Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Great Bean Explosion



Now, I've been meaning to do some thorough cleaning in the kitchen for a while--and today I got my chance. I have a trusty old pressure cooker that was my grandma's. I've used it many, many times as refried beans are $5.00 a can here. It's been a great asset--I'm so thankful for it! But today, while cooking a pot of black beans, everything changed. The pressure valve became clogged with a bean skin and the safety valve blew. It was sooooo loud and there was so much pressure it blew the shelf off above it (along with all the spices). All the dishes and wash had to be rewashed. We had to pull out the oven and scrub the floors and the walls. A little overwhelmed I called Matt and he came home around noon and helped wash dishes and watch Ana. 4 hours later I have a VERY clean kitchen and an aching body! Ana just keeps saying "What happened? and so sorry!" Me too!

No comments: