Friday, May 20, 2011

Packing and So Long

I have finally allowed myself to get the suitcases out today. (If you pack early here--it starts to smell!) We will have three full boxes of donations for Layla--a lot of which has come from the school. It is a little bit tricky packing because Ana and I have to bring stuff back for the States too. I guess if we forget something Matt can always bring it later.

On Thursday Ana and I said our goodbyes. This is always a hard time of year because you say farewell to the Seniors, staff, and families. Expat life is a constant goodbye (and often you have no hope of seeing these people again). It tends to wear on you when you're in one place for a long time. We also found out that some of Ana's playmates down the hall will be going back to Bangladesh. You either get really good at moving on emotionally or you can get really bitter! So, we move forward (in this case to Ethiopia)!

1 comment:

Sara Campbell said...

Thanks for the timely reminder. Our goodbyes are starting too. It stinks, but I've learned somewhat to cope. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!!!