Monday, February 18, 2013

The Sunday Market

 I'm generally not much of a shopper, but when I can get unique things at cheap prices--watch out!!  So, I drug my family to the Sunday Market.  It was BETTER than the night market--more artsy, hand crafted things. (They also close down the street to cars and motorbikes.) On the way (we probably walked for about 45 minutes to get there), we saw sparkly walls (worthy of a picture in a five year olds mind), crossed the moat, and saw the ancient city wall.
 We also saw some amazing Thai architecture.  It is very ornate and detailed! 
We enjoyed traditional Thai ices that were frozen in metal tubes and then iced--I had lemon--it was amazing!  We also had some real Italian pizza (How do we know it was real--there were Italians there eating it!)  Super yummy--I'm contemplating walking back down there for some more.

Of course we bought things, a hand dyed batik table runner, skirts, a hand beaded t-shirt, a silk tie, etc.  FUN!!  The Sunday Market is a must see in Chiang Mai!

No comments: