Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hurrah Singapore!

Today I read (in my Sunday paper that I'm reading on Tuesday) that Singapore banned the adultery website Ashley Madison.  There are things to be said about freedom of speech/press.  BUT if your goal is better marriages and more kids, this website clearly isn't going to help.  My personal opinion is that part of the success of Singapore is that they have had great leaders with a goal in mind.  I'm sure this leads to ruffled feathers, but the benefit of the country is more important!  This is one way a collective society works a little better than the individualistic one. 

I'll leave you with a quote from their statement.  The website is in, "flagrant disregard of our family values and public morality."  Hooray for a government that will take a stand for something GOOD!

No comments: