Sunday, April 5, 2015

I just...

sat in my son's room for an hour praying and trying to help him get settled.  The issue??  We asked him to shower 4 minutes early.  Having two mentally ill children (who think they're adults) is mentally and physically draining.

The good side of this is that it has FORCED me to turn to God for renewal and refreshing.  Sometimes I think God puts us in a spot where we NEED Him.  I've spent more time in prayer over this past year than I ever have.  Although I'm too close to the situation to see a lot of change,  I do have a clearer sense of God sustaining me.

At Shepherd the staff is reading Soul Shift by Steve DeNeff and David Drury.  I liked this quote.  "When you don't know who you are, you act like someone you're not---a person who is less than you are meant to be.  And it will be harder to live like that than being who you really are.  Acting is always harder than being. ....You rob yourself and the world of what you could have offered if only you had been who you were meant to be.

Pray with us that our kids discover who they are meant to be and don't let past hurts and traumas determine their future.  

No comments: