Saturday, January 14, 2017

House Work

I've done a lot of work on the house in the past three years. I hope to do a before and after post soon. Having done most of the upstairs, I have focused my attentions on the basement.

I decided to rip out a room. Since I thought I could use the boards for another project I thought this project might take a while...BUT boy did I underestimate the man who built this. It looks like wood nailed to 2x4's right?
 Wrong! This room could withstand a bomb blast. The man dovetailed each piece of wood into the next and put three nails into each stud. (One was at a diagonal!) It made it almost impossible to get the wood off without damaging it. So, I took my reciprocating saw and cut around some of the studs.
 After a good three hours, here's what I accomplished...not much! Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow!

No comments: