Friday, September 4, 2009

Fun Ideas to Keep an Active Kid Busy






Ana is very busy, BUT she can sit still if she is engaged in an activity. I've been working on a few more light weight activities that we can take on the plane with us.

1. I made a color game with origami/scrapbook paper on the back. It's helped us practice: colors, matching, and memory. I plan to add more colors as she masters these.
2. I took some simple animal pictures Matt and I had colored, cut them out, mounted them on cardstock, punched holes and then laminated them. I then set eylets in each hole to (hopefully) make them last longer. The good thing about this project is that it can be used for a while.
3. We took our very large set of dominoes and helped Ana set them up in different patterns--circles, lines, etc. This also teaches patience as they have to wait to push it down!
I've started something called a quiet book--but I'll do more on that later!! We hope to have some Ethiopian pictures soon!

No comments: