Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 2 and 3 of "No Daddy"

Day 2 was decidedly rainy. So, we ended up staying in for most of the day and then going to the mall in the evening. We had Subway for dinner. While standing in line my daughter bumped her head on the counter and started wailing. It got us an extra cookie!! We also rearranged the living room. The couch was getting too little use and the table stuck out too far into the walkway. Plus, my husband wasn't here to say no or roll his eyes at me! I like how it feels more open, but will probably change a couple more things. Of course, some things I can't move by myself anyway!

On Day 3 I decided to take Ana over to a small park by KK womens hospital. I like the lily pond, the old trees, and the peaceful nature. Well, it's usually peaceful--until a herd of kindergarten students shows up and runs around the park four times. It ended up being OK because Ana likes to people watch anyway! The park is pretty far from our house, so thankfully Ana rode in the stroller most of the way. It turned out to be quite warm (even though it clouded up and poured after we got home!)
One of the very big rain trees. The provide lots of shade!

The lily pond! I would love to see it when it is in full bloom!

There is lots of green! I love looking up through the rain trees. It looks like green lace!

We saw lots of pigeons and a lizard that just sat and looked at us instead of running away. There is also a small playground which Ana explored! It turned out to be a nice morning out!



No comments: