Thursday, August 22, 2013

It's Not Everyday...

something in my 'hood warms my heart.  This is a hard place.  There's a lot of poverty and pain.  I was driving back home yesterday when a car stalled out in front of me.  My first thought?  "Great, I'm going to miss the light!"  A large African American man got out and began to push his car (with his family in it) across the intersection.  I was shocked by what happened next.  Two guys (white) stopped at the red light jumped out and pushed from behind.  A heavily tattooed man got off his moped and pushed on the other side.  I'll never forget the wife's face.  It was filled with total surprise (she was hanging out the front window shouting directions :).  This was a challenge to me---help others with every opportunity you get!!

The picture above is a rather run down corner I pass every day.  It says, " Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it."  I'll be looking for little things to do today thanks to three men that did a little thing for a stranger. 


No comments: