Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Girl, Adopted

So tonight I watched Girl, Adopted on PBS.   (Family, I think it would be great if you could watch this.  It's free for a few more days.  There are MANY similarities to our own situation!)

I had a lot of emotions.  Mostly it was helpful to see a family come through the early struggles.  (If you watch it note that it is 5 YEARS before she goes back to Ethiopia.)

At the end the adoptive father says something like, "I used to think that everybody should adopt.  Just open their arms and invite a kid in.  I don't think that anymore."  My view of adoption has changed too--esp. for older children.  I still think it is a good thing, but just because it's good doesn't mean it's easy!

I recommend watching this--in fact I'm going to ask the counselor if it wouldn't be a good idea to watch it with China and Mitike!

No comments: