Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Solving America's Education Problems

Last week I had a student (4 yrs. old) come to school with his breakfast and lunch.  (Shepherd provides an extremely nutritious breakfast/lunch for free!)  His breakfast was a large container of chocolate milk and a double fudge chocolate cookie.  His lunch was a sprite, a bag of bugles (chips), and a entire roll of oreo like cookies.  Seriously--these kids aren't ADD or ADHD!  They just eat too much sugar and processed foods. 

My own kids are getting sugar from their teachers at school and church.  A little won't kill you--(I grew up eating sugar), BUT we've seen huge differences in their abilities to concentrate and behave well when they eat sugar. 

So I guess I'll be that evil parent/teacher and refuse to add to the already loads of candy my kids eat!  I don't mind being the bad guy--it's already resulted in Ana's love for fruits and vegetables.  I hope this is a lifetime habit for her!

No comments: