Saturday, October 5, 2013

It Feels Like...

every piece of furniture in our house will have been redone soon!  This gorgeous oak dresser was left in the basement.  It was moldy--(sanding it was awful because it left a foul taste in your mouth even with a mask!) and had a very dark finish.  When I began sanding it though I couldn't believe how nice the wood was.  Now it is stunning and I'm jealous it's in my six year old's room!  But she needed a dresser and this one was free.  She is loving the mirror most of all.

Matt did this one on his own.  It is a cedar wardrobe of mine that we stained black to match our dressers.  I really like how it turned out and am glad to have a safe place to store my older quilts. 

We've got just one more refinishing project in the works--hopefully it will go quickly too!  We're getting pretty good at this--let us know if you have some projects for us!

No comments: