Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Wow!

Today Matt set some new progress records!  He lifted his leg against gravity, walked, stood up on his own, saw some movement in his arm, said the days of the week, months, family names, and most importantly, "I want coffee." He was able to answer some complex questions and read words in isolation.  His speech is amazingly clear. He literally had therapists jumping up and down, clapping, and yelling. The therapists in ICU rarely get to see such progress. It makes me laugh to think he is encouraging them. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure the therapists are celebrating! I am so removed from the situation, but literally clapped and started to cry as I read the milestones. So thankful for answered prayers!

A GCA mom

the chow fam said...

we are celebrating with you and continue to lift your precious family in our prayers! much love from the Chow family!!

susan said...

Coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Yea, Matt!

Stephen and Beatrice Moore said...

Praise The Lord!!! Stephen and I teared up with joy as we read this!