Tuesday, July 15, 2014

What's Up With Us!

-Matt has completed his driving and can now go get his license amended.  We took the car in for a pre-modification inspection and it needs several minor things done to it.  Once we get that done it can be approved to be modified.  Matt then should be able to get around.  He would then start to interview for jobs!

-We had a nice tour of the Indians' ballpark.  I wasn't with either of my children, so I'm still trying to hunt down pictures.  My favorite part was hitting balls with the players in the batting cages.

-I went swimming today in the 67 degree weather.  It was freezing.  I can't believe it is this cold and in the middle of July!  I really hoped to never hear the words "polar vortex" again after this past winter, but here they are again.

-My classes are going well.  I have less than four more weeks!

-Ana lost a front tooth today.  She had really given up losing anymore teeth.  This one had been lose forever, but refused to fall out.

-China gets his braces next Friday.  It will be painful, but we're glad he will be able to eat and close his mouth!

-Ana got new shoes.  (Every kid in the summer program gets a pair!)  China didn't get his because they thought he was a girl--based on his name--and gave him black and pink ones.

-Mei Mei the basset is not slowing down any.  I can't wait until she becomes a living floor mat--so far no such luck.

-I've been setting in on the Spanish church service.  It's challenging and there are times when I don't get much out of it, BUT other times I understand the great majority of what he's saying.  (The pastor is a retired missionary to Mexico.)  Who knows what God has for us--so if I can brush up on my Spanish, I'll do so.  It also helps me with my class!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats to Matt! Happy alterations to the car. Your dog sounds .... interesting. 67 and swimming, really??? Glad your classes are almost finished Val! Praying for the 5 of you. Wish you were here, but fully understand and see God's provision! Miss you all.