Saturday, December 27, 2014

Hard Things

Sorry for being MIA so long!

We discovered tonight that Mitike has not been taking her medicine--she "does not like it and doesn't have to take it."  I'm sure this is pretty common (one of my students has to be watched very closely too!)  I just feel a lot of frustration--we've been back in the States for a year and a half and have seen no progress.  Matt and I are both at a loss of what to do.

Then I read this :

Equipped for Hard Things

by Joyce Meyer - posted December 27, 2014

For this commandment which I command you this day is not too difficult for you, nor is it far off. 
—Deuteronomy 30:11
"This is too hard" is one of the excuses we hear most frequently. But we are equipped by God's Spirit to handle hard things. We are anointed to press through and see victory. The next time you are tempted to say something is too hard, look at Deuteronomy 30:11, which says, "It is not too difficult!"
Anything God leads you to do, you can do. God never leads you to do something unless He gives you the power and the ability to do it. Prepare yourself for right action with power thoughts. Think, I don't know how I'm going to do it, I don't feel like I can do it, but God is leading me to do it. And I believe if He is leading me to do it, then I can. Because I believe I can do whatever I need to do through the power of God that resides in me.
Power Thought: Nothing God asks of me is too difficult.

No comments: