Sunday, July 19, 2009

In Our Neighborhood







In our neighborhood we have one mosque, five Buddhist temples, and two Hindu temples. Some of these are quite old and intricately painted. I didn't have my zoom lens with me or I would have taken more detail shots. There also some beautiful old shop houses. These are really the only traditional architecture left here. We also chanced upon a small playground that is only about a three minute walk from our flat. I bet Ana and I will take some trips there now. We went past one abalone noodle stall and the aunties gave Ana two suckers (or lollies here). She loves all the attention and is happy to give all the aunties hugs. Not bad for a 2 block walk!

3 comments:

Meg said...

I can't wait to visit and see this architecture up close! Love the picture of Ana on the slide-- and the collage up top. How did you do that one?

val said...

I have Adobe Photoshop elements--I did it in that!

Meg said...

Oh, Photoshop! It's a magical thing!