Thursday, July 23, 2009

New Outfit, Beads, and Bahailu's Quilt






I've had this shirt done for quite a while, but put off making the skirt because I wanted to piece Bahailu's quilt. I've been having fun quilting it at night--takes no thought and is rather relaxing. Anyway, I just finished the skirt today. It was probably the hardest thing I've sewn so far, but turned our to be really cute. I already had this material, but can't wait to try it again with some nicer colors! I'm thinking about trying to make her baby a matching dress. This outfit should fit for a while--so why not??
Ana is really into beads. She uses these big ones as well as the smaller ones. I was very proud of her on this day because she got so many on in one sitting!
Bahailu's quilt is really simple, but I like how it turned out! I'm probably 1/3 of the way through quilting--so should be no problem to finish it before we go to pick him up.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Oh, I'm sure she would love a matching dress for dolly! And Behailu's quilt is so nice-- I love the shooting/falling stars!

Anonymous said...

Hi Val,
Ana and Behailu are two really lucky kids! :-)