Friday, July 31, 2009

New Clothes From Old-a Cheap Mom!





I've always been cheap. So, now that I've discovered remaking clothes to fit Ana, I'm having lots of fun. What makes it great is that you're not spending any money, but still making some cute things. The grey skirt was from a t-shirt of Matt's. I didn't have instructions for this one, but saw something like it and gave it a try. The striped skirt was a stretched out polo of Matt's. I did this off a website. The dress was a shirt of mine that I haven't worn in a while. It turned out a little long, but I really like how the back looks!
So--all you out there with old t-shirts. Don't throw them away. Give them to me!!

2 comments:

Meg said...

re-using clothes is sooo much fun-- I'm making pillows out of a couple of snazzy old dress tank tops that haven't fit since freshman year and using all my old t-shirts to make a quilt (once I figure out the whole quilting thing...)

The dress is super cute-- I love the front! She looks so elegant in it!

Anonymous said...

It's not being cheap, it's being smart! ;-)