Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Bird Park

We arrived pretty early (8:30) after a LONG trip to the other side of the island. It is worth it to go early. Sometimes we were the only ones in an exhibit and the birds were out and active (mostly because they were being fed).
At the Lorry Loft we bought a cup of food. Ana was not interested in holding it, so Matt had the honors. These were beautiful birds and very accustomed to people. One in particular loved Matt. He was grooming Matt with his tongue and stayed on his shoulder even when the food was gone.

We always enjoy going to see the waterfall, but his time we were there for the feeding. Ana held a worm in her hand (which really impressed the feeder), but got tired of it squiring out. The man then gave her a cup to hold. Birds would swoop down to get it. They literally were a blur. Thanks to my fast camera I got a couple of shots.
This pelican was the biggest I'd ever seen and here's Ana up a tree!
We met up with two of the new teachers. One remarked at the end of our time there "She has a lot of energy." They should have seen her when we started!!
We ended our morning at Wendy's. I was so happy. I've been wanting to try it for a while, but have never been near one. It was all good and reasonably priced. I'm not sure the frosty tastes the same, but I haven't had one in years---so I'm no expert!



No comments: