Saturday, March 23, 2013

Just Being Honest...

...the first two weeks of home schooling have stunk.  I've gone back and had her review.  She doesn't remember most of it.  There will be a lot of reteaching ahead.  PLUS she obviously isn't a happy little extrovert--since she's having to sit quietly and complete her work WELL.  A lot of times at school she just slopped something down.  I wish I had gotten to observe her in class, because she seems to know every excuse in the book for getting out of her seat.
...really still struggling most days with having to move back to the States, making another house a home (just got finished with our apartment here), and selling a lot of our things.  It's hard to give up everything for a child that isn't making any effort.
...so looking forward to our time in Singapore--a bright spot on my radar!!
...not too excited about going down to Thailand alone with two kids--although I think it will be good to have a trained person to help sort through my current situation

Not the most uplifting post, but if Father brings me to mind pr@y!

1 comment:

M said...

If you have to deal with Thai immigration again just tell them what a good job they're doing and apologize profusely. They are really big on paperwork and apologies!