Sunday, August 10, 2014

How to Measure Up!

I have fallen in love with this quote:

Measure thy life by loss instead of gain;
Not by the wine drunk but by the wine poured forth;
For love's strength standeth in love's sacrifice,
And whoso suffers most hath most to give.

Ugo Bassi
(a monk in the early 1800's)

It is easy to feel sometimes that these past couple of years in my life have been a complete and total waste.  But, in truth I think that God has been showing me a teeny, tiny piece of Himself.  We have sacrificed some things and persisted in what we feel God has called us to do.  Frankly speaking we have done a lot of "pouring forth."  When our pastor was waiting in the hospital with us after Mitike had been found I said, "I have nothing left to give--I'm out."  Perhaps God has brought us to this point so that the only choice we have is to rely on Him!


Praises:
-still no more seizures!
-my classes are DONE!  I actually had some free time today!
-My 3rd grade class is going well.  Please pray for my boy with very limited English.  I am really feeling for him.  He's been putting forth a lot of effort but I am sure it is frustrating!

No comments: