Friday, August 29, 2014

God's Placement...

We've had many question our reasoning in putting Mitike in a public school.  Some have been willing to listen to our answer-- others are just sure we are wrong--dead wrong.  
I believe though that she was placed in this school and in this classroom for a purpose.  Did you know that her teacher has a foster child with RAD and she is the first educator that has ever understood what we are going through?  I've tried not to be hurt as others tell me I'm not loving enough or "if you just try this..."  Mitike's teacher right from the beginning has been e-mailing what is going on at school and even offering to watch her so that we can have a break.  Did you also know that God placed her in a school where counselors, therapists, and psychologists work in the school?  This provides them opportunities to see the students in settings that most counselors never see.  All this documentation backs up what we have been saying all along.  It is a great help to us.  
Many Chinese proverbs hold a lot of wisdom.  Here's one of my favorites.
I'm so glad that God has placed me at Shepherd and allowed me to work with AMAZING people, but I'm touched that He also puts in our lives--NOT BY CHANCE--exactly who we need at just the right time.  Sometimes they are found in places we wouldn't normally look.  There are have been so many important people in our lives over the years in Singapore, China, and now the U.S.  Thanks be to God that He doesn't leave us high and dry.  People that we have met and loved will always be connected to us through His love.  

No comments: