Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ana's Commentary

Ana talked so much while we were looking at houses that the real estate agent started calling her "chatterbox."  She said things like:

"Why are garages so dirty?  Doesn't anyone ever clean them? (All the garages here are detached--so they're going to be pretty dirty)" 

This house has a basement?  Wow!!!  What's a basement?

This house looks like it will have lots of spiders.  Let's go look.

(to the agent) I'm adopted.  My parents found me at a hospital.

Look at this closet.  Shut me in (so I can see how dark it is). 

I like pickles, but China doesn't like cheese.

These stairs go to an attic
me: No, it goes to the upstairs.
Wow!  What's an upstairs?

I can see that boy's underpants.  Why are his pants so low?
(agent--who by this point was answering lots of questions) It's a cultural thing.
blank stare

I kept saying, "I'm so sorry.  She hasn't lived in America before."

Remind me next time to NOT take my kids house hunting--esp. when you're trying to cram as much possible into two days. By the way, we did put in an offer!  Will let you know what happens

No comments: