Monday, July 22, 2013

As If I Didn't Have Enough Stress In My Life...

(I already confessed to my sister-n-law!)

So I did another batch of pickles yesterday.  Because of the lack of counter space I decided to set the six jars on a doubled towel on her dining room table to cool.  When I moved them later and lifted up the towel what did I see?  Six WHITE circles (on her golden oak table).  First we tried a baking soda paste, then salt and water, then toothpaste, and finally an olive oil and vinegar.  NOTHING WORKED.  I was panicking--was I going to have to refinish her table?   Then we found another idea on the Internet.  Take an old t-shirt and iron it on top of the spots on medium heat.  It worked--circles completely gone and what sweet relief! 

-still no word on the house--agent said the owner was getting estimates on the electric and we should hear something today.
-Matt has to be at work next Tuesday--so this is putting us in a time crunch--pray with us that things move quickly from here on out!

No comments: