Saturday, January 4, 2014

Physical Therapy Update

Matt is really trying to get out of the hospital as fast as possible.  He can now walk over 300 ft. with a smaller cane.  He can do 8-10 stairs at a time and each day he regains more movement in his right leg.  I have even noticed more movement in his upper right arm.  We worked on some speech homework with him today.  This is really going to be his challenge area!

Fortunately there is a outpatient, rehab. center (that specializes in brain injury) not far from our house.  They can keep up the great therapy he is receiving now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was asking my son Bryce Chemistry questions last night. I was impressed with how much he learned from Matt last semester! Bryce really enjoyed being able to talk chemistry with me.

Unknown said...

You have all been in a tough journey. But seeing progressing well is very uplifting. And I hope it will continue to be that way so he can recover from this quickly. How is he, btw?

Javier Parrales @ U.S Health Works