Sunday, April 6, 2014

Spring Break

I know Spring Break is supposed to be a lazy affair, but I couldn't stand to let my free time go to waste.
So, we...
1. sanded, stained, and polyurethaned the two bathroom doors.
2. painted the bathroom a beautiful blue.
3. went to our favorite store Menards and got lots of odds and ends. (It SNOWED while we were there!!)
4. planted some vegetables to get a head start on our garden.
5. cleaned up the backyard.  Mei Mei loves trash and seems to find every piece that blows into our yard.
6. went to the zoo where many of the animals seemingly posed for pictures!

7. almost finished Ana's Easter dress!
8. participated in the neighborhood clean up.  I got put in charge of an alley.  I went to pick up some cardboard and couldn't lift it.  I called a guy over to help and we discovered a dead dog wrapped in the boxes.  There were other sad scenes where there had been evictions and all the food/toys/clothes were just thrown out.  BUT, we made some new friends and got pizza for lunch.  AND, our alley looks 10x better!
9.  We did some fun things too like watching Frozen and Catching Fire.
10.  We did some not so fun things like call the insurance :(

I think everybody will agree we are ready for school to start again!
 



No comments: