Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Sad Day...

Well the movers are here...packing up. I SHOULD be happy that we can afford to do this.  I SHOULD be excited to move back to the States where we will have support (Yeah!!)  BUT, I'm really just sad.  After spending just two days in Beijing, I realized how much I like it here, how interesting the Chinese culture is, and how much I will miss the challenge of learning a language.  (I was so happy with how well we did in Beijing--some people were worried about us, but we did great!  We used all public transport and mostly ate local food--loved it!) 

The hardest part for me is that all this is being done for a girl who doesn't want to be with us anyway.  I pray every day that God would just give us a ray of light--just to see that there is hope, BUT so far she chooses to sit and do the same wrong things over and over.  There is a part in the Last Battle where a group of dwarves are surrounded by beauty, but won't allow themselves to be apart of it. They convince themselves that they're in a horrible place.  That's the way I feel about Mitike.  She has potential and she's had amazing opportunities (how many kids have been to 5 different countries in a year?), BUT she chooses to wallow in self pity and a self righteous attitude.

So, four more weeks here...pr*y with us that we finish well, are as loving as possible :), and enter well into America.  China and Ana are very excited...Mitike has said she'll wait and see.

Thanks for partnering with us! 

No comments: