Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Forbidden City--misc.

 There were so many little areas in the Forbidden City that it makes it virtually impossible to upkeep it all.  Here's what all those beautiful wall/ceilings would look like unpainted.  I wonder how long it takes to paint a square?
 VAST...
 Beautiful color contrasts...everywhere.  Would I put these colors in my house?  Nope, but still very pretty in its own way!
 Unused gate--love it!
This was the fire station.  Water was stored in these big copper vats.  Many of the buildings were built with a lot of wood.  With all that paint covering them, it's no wonder they burnt quickly.

The kids were so tired at this point that we started to walk back.  (I actually burst a blood vessel in my toe we walked so much.)  Beijing is an amazing city--go see it for yourself!

No comments: